The Creative Director will position Mango as a highly differentiated, dynamic, and coveted brand in the language and culture learning space to achieve next-level growth. Bringing a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to this position plays a key role in its success. The Creative Director has experience creating brand/advertising campaigns from brainstorm to deployment. As a supervisor of a cross-functional team, the Creative Director will review and approve designs, art and copy developed by the team; and produce original, innovative work that translates complex ideas into clear and compelling stories and experiences. Throughout the introduction, production, and final stages, the Creative Director will meet with stakeholders to explain campaign strategies and solutions.
The Creative Director has a natural eye for aesthetic design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences. The Creative Director is an experienced manager who is able to clearly and effectively communicate with, motivate, and inspire others. The ability to empathize and understand others comes naturally. Experience bringing clarity to complex situations through effective problem solving and project management strategies is important for this role. Directing the production of our creative that builds a clear and powerful brand while increasing and accelerating sales makes this an essential role to our company.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Translate business and marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Work with the Product Development team to build consistent brand experiences across marketing and product.
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of messaging and deliverables
- Lead and direct the Creative Team in the production of all marketing collateral
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with Creative Team, encouraging strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives within budget
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables effectively address marketing goals and objectives
- Participate in customer persona development to create clear, differentiated, relevant messaging for our target markets.
- Produce original, innovative work that translates complex ideas into clear and compelling customer experiences
- Prioritize and delegate work and resources across internal and external creative teams
- Present, or oversee the presentation of final concepts, and obtain necessary approvals via chain of command for deliverables
- Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Meet with stakeholders to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to creative teams
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training new employees
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Manage and cultivate the career development of team members, including designers, art directors, copywriters, photographers, and web developers
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams
- 8+ years of creative direction experience in agency or corporate setting creating and cultivating brands
- 5+ years experience leading and managing a range of creative talent such as graphic designers, art directors, copywriters, videographers, animators, illustrators, musicians, etc.
- Ability to manage freelancers, contractors, as well as in-house teams on large creative projects
- Clear understanding of industry trends and creative tools
- Experience creating brand/advertising campaigns from brainstorm to deployment
- Ability to execute highly effective creative strategies within short deadlines and tight budgets
- Demonstrates understanding and has past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Strong command of creative tools and workflow (Adobe, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving, project-management and presentation skills
- Understands how creative strategy affects business objectives
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to distill complexity into clarity
- Highly creative and innovative thinker
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to understand and empathize with others
- You are able to speak more than one language or are willing to learn another language
- You have previous experience in any of the following areas / markets: language learning, software, education, apps, SAAS, entertainment
Include Links to Showcase Your Work:
- Please make sure to fill out the “links” section on the application to showcase your work across a variety of mediums. Include: design, video, ads, copywriting, etc
On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections and meaningful interactions with one another, Mango is the only award-winning language-learning system that is powered by both proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology, Mango’s software is available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language learners of all ages around the world.