Mango Live Coach for French (part-time)
We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable language instructors for Mango Live, our online live instruction program. In this telework contract position, you’ll prepare personalized blended learning assignments and sessions using proprietary Mango Languages learning tools. You’ll coach and assess groups or individual working professionals as well as their spouses and children. In your classes, you will use the communicative approach as well as proprietary methodologies and curricula to facilitate our online live instruction sessions.
This remote position allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of coaches and administrators who are there to support you and exchange ideas. Regular feedback and ongoing training will help you grow as an individual and professional. You will build relationships and establish powerful connections with your students as you guide them and follow their progress.
As the ideal candidate, you are able to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and your native language. You are an experienced educator with a passion for learning and teaching language and culture.
- Apply the communicative approach and the Mango methodology in online language instruction.
- Prepare personalized sessions using proprietary Mango Language learning tools.
- Coach professional clientele and, in some cases, their spouses and children.
- Evaluate students’ language proficiency and provide regular progress reports.
- Manage multiple individual and group students with various schedules across varied levels of proficiency.
- Manage attendance records, student schedules, and syllabi.
- Commit to teaching between 10 and 30 hours per week, usually during US working hours.
- Commit to approximately 8–12 hours of initial online training, paid for by Mango Languages.
- Native speaker of French.
- Advanced proficiency in English.
- Proven experience teaching French to English speakers and/or a degree in language teaching, applied linguistics, or a teaching certification.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture.
- Experience using technology in live online language instruction preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies (experience with Zoom, the Google Suite, and similar tools preferred).
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description.
- Step 2: Submit a brief video (up to three minutes long) introducing yourself and your background, both in English and in the language you will be teaching. (The video can be done using any platform / technology). Please email your video to linguistvideo @ mangolanguages.com.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.