Mango Live Coach for Portuguese (part-time)
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 74 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.
- Apply the communicative approach to individual online language instruction.
- Create personalized sessions using proprietary Mango Language learning tools.
- Coach and assess professional clientele as well as their spouses and children.
- Commit to a flexible part-time schedule in relevant time zones.
- Commit to approximately 10-20 hours of initial online training, paid for by Mango Languages.
- Manage multiple individual students with various schedules across varied levels of proficiency.
- Experience using technology in live online language instruction.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies (experience with Zoom, the Google Suite, and similar tools preferred).
- Experience teaching Portuguese to English speakers and/or a degree in language teaching, applied linguistics, or a teaching certification.
- Native fluency in Portuguese (Brazilian or Continental).
- Advanced proficiency in English.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit a resume and a cover letter here outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description.
- Step 2: Submit a brief video of up to a maximum of five minutes, introducing yourself and your background, both in English and in the language you will be teaching. (The video can be done using any platform / technology). Please email your video to linguistvideo @ mangolanguage.com.
Here at Mango, our purpose is simple but powerful: our work is devoted to enriching as many lives as possible with language and culture. When you work for us, every day is an adventure — are you up for the challenge? We can’t wait to hear from you!