Senior Contract Specialist
Farmington Hills or Remote (US only) /
Other Department /
We are looking for an experienced, talented and detail-oriented Contract Specialist that thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing, and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will work with the company’s in-house counsel to review, negotiate and manage a variety of agreements that relate to the ordinary course of a software and services company.
Your day to day would be split amongst
- Staying up to date with information about the evolution of our products, company, and playbook requirements for legal reviews.
- Reviewing and negotiating a variety of inbound and outbound commercial agreements
- Finding ways to create reusable tools to simplify, automate, and reduce your workload
- Managing the legal review and negotiations for customer and vendor agreements
- Proofreading, editing and fact-checking request for proposal responses for completeness, accuracy, and consistency.
- Working with different teams within the organization to manage projects and initiatives for the legal department
- Working with in-house counsel to provide a second set of eyes on contracts prior to approval
- Communicating with stakeholders on what is going in your world
- Building processes and organizational systems that keep everything in your world organized
- Keeping everything in your world centralized and organized so it's easily retrievable for future reference and use by you or others in the company
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of inbound and outbound commercial contracts consistent with the company’s contracting standards including, but not limited to: master services agreements, software as a service agreements, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements, statements of work, order forms, and purchase orders.
- Collaborate and interface with company executives, internal stakeholders and in-house counsel to ensure all contracts follow company policies and procedures.
- Proofread, edit and fact-check contracts and request for proposal responses for completeness, accuracy and consistency to ensure top quality of all contracts prior to execution.
- Assist in organizing and advancing legal team projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify, incorporate, and initiate process improvements based on evolving contract and project demands.
- Contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of contract templates, playbooks, and other internal legal guidance documents.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Paralegal Certificate is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a contract specialist, contract manager, corporate paralegal, or similar role(s).
- Solid grasp of commercial contracting concepts with strong drafting and analytical skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to solve problems and use good business judgment
- Ability to be discreet in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience with data privacy issues is a strong plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and playbooks
- Quick and meticulous learner with the ability to retain and apply information on a consistent basis
- High level of enthusiasm, personal sense of urgency and capacity to overcome obstacles
- Adaptable and willing to learn new processes and skill sets
- Able to plan, strategize and efficiently manage projects
- Results-oriented, proactive individual with the ability to assess and communicate requirements and effectively manage priorities and expectations.
- Active contributor willing to roll up their sleeves and get the work done
- Self starter and self motivated
- Resourceful and scrappy, with a “can-do” attitude
- Effective multi-tasker, able to handle high volumes of work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with both internal stakeholders and technical experts
- Bonus: Passion for language learning / Speaks a second language
At Mango Languages we are a team of talented individuals passionate about transforming the language-learning space by building tools that will help people in classrooms, organizations, and households around the world learn a new language.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant. At Mango Languages we maintain a drug-free workplace. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.