Mango Languages is looking for a Legal Specialist to take ownership of Mango’s legal department and be responsible for protecting Mango’s interests from a legal and business perspective. This individual is charged with reviewing, editing, and negotiating all contracts and RFP’s. As a Legal Specialist, you will create and maintain legal systems and processes, turn laws and contracts into company policy, and engage with external legal counsel when needed. You will be an active member and contributor to the company, supporting other team members and our Leadership Team on a project-by-project basis.
In this position you will need to pay great attention to detail, have solid writing skills and a desire to solve legal issues in a fast-paced, collaborative, innovative environment. Mango is seeking a proactive, motivated, highly organized, candidate with strong judgment and integrity. An understanding of business insight and strong follow through abilities are essential. As Mango’s Legal Specialist you will help uphold our core values with integrity while balancing the legal and regulatory requirements we face daily.
- Protect Mango’s interests from a legal and business perspective
- Understand legal and business risks within contracts, operations, employment, and other areas
- Maintain knowledge of our business, our plans, and potential growth areas
- Train and inform team members on how to navigate business risks
- Review, edit, and negotiate all contracts
- Create and maintain legal systems and processes that:
- Organize contracts for easy retrieval
- Facilitate any necessary contract-based compliance training for Mango employees in order to keep the company in compliance with contractual terms
- Create, maintain, update, and drive all legal processes
- Turn laws and contracts into company policy
- Manage legal risk in RFP process
- Identify and ensure compliance related to legal risks such as data Privacy, and data Security related to GDPR, CCPA, and HR-based laws
- Collaborate with external Legal Specialists
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate or business law
- Bachelor's degree
- Formal legal training
- Key Characteristics
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Sharp business acumen
- Strong follow through
- Proactively address issues
- Demonstrates integrity
- Legal Degree
- Experience related to SaaS companies
- You can speak or are learning a second language
On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections and meaningful interactions with one another, Mango is the only award-winning language-learning system that is powered by both proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology, Mango’s software is available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language learners of all ages around the world.
At Mango Languages, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Mango Languages hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.