Corporate Counsel and Legal Quality Assurance
Farmington Hills or Remote (US only) /
Other Department /
Are you a senior legal professional with extensive experience in contract negotiation with a keen eye for detail? Does it excite you to be a part of a small, but powerful legal team with the task of mitigating risk and enabling growth? Do you like to work on a variety of things within your domain to keep your day interesting? Do you have the requisite skill-set and dynamic personality that enables you to perform the diverse set of activities that are required to take on this challenging yet rewarding position? Then you may be exactly the person we are looking for.
Your day to day would be split amongst many activities including:
- Proofreading, fact-checking, and quality assuring the contracting work of other members of the legal team
- Proofreading, fact-checking and quality assuring requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of inbound and outbound commercial contracts, including, but not limited to: master services agreements, software as a service agreements, licensing agreements, data privacy agreements, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements, statements of work, order forms, and purchase orders.
- Staying up to date with the company’s current capabilities, data privacy and security measures, and evolving product offering
- Working on a variety of legal projects and initiatives
- Evolving and improving legal processes as well as innovating new and better ways to do things
- Updating contract templates and playbooks
- Maintaining organizational systems and keeping things organized
- Providing company trainings to ensure compliance with our contractual terms
- Staying up to date on laws that affect our business including, but not limited to data privacy laws
- Collaborating with external legal specialists on how to handle specific areas of law
- QA Contracts - Proofread, fact-check, and quality assure (QA) the contracting work of other members of the legal team to ensure consistent quality and all standards and guidelines of the company are being met
- QA RFPs - Proofread, fact-check and quality assure (QA) RFPs (Requests for proposals) to ensure accuracy, completeness, saleability, and proper submission
- Draft/Review/Negotiate Contracts - Review, draft and negotiate a variety of inbound and outbound commercial contracts consistent with the company’s contracting standards including, but not limited to: master services agreements, software as a service agreements, licensing agreements, data privacy agreements, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements, statements of work, order forms, and purchase orders.
- Maintain Company Knowledge - Build and maintain knowledge of our contracting standards, product, and data privacy and security standards
- Complete Legal Projects - Identify and advance legal team projects and initiatives
- Evolve Legal Processes - Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify, incorporate, and initiate process improvements based on evolving contract and project demands.
- Evolve Templates & Playbooks - Contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of contract templates, playbooks, and other internal legal guidance documents
- Maintain Legal Organizational Systems
- Provide Contract Trainings - Facilitate any necessary contract-based compliance training for Mango employees in order to keep the company in compliance with contractual terms
- Maintain Compliance with Data Privacy Law - Identify and ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, FERPA, and other local, state, and federal data privacy laws
- Collaborate with external Legal Specialists
- Law degree and bar certification in good standing from any US state
- At least 10 years of experience reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts ( both inbound and outbound)
- At least 4 years of experience reviewing and negotiating request for proposal terms
- Experience reviewing and negotiating Data Privacy Agreements
- Bonus: Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, FERPA, and other local, state, and federal data privacy laws
- Bonus: Experience with implementation of a data privacy and security framework
- Bonus: A certification in the field of data privacy and/or security
- Active contributor willing to roll up their sleeves and get the work done in addition to project management
- Self starter and self motivated
- Resourceful and scrappy, with a “can-do” attitude
- Effective multi-tasker, able to handle high volumes of work under pressure
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with both internal stakeholders and technical experts
- Bonus: Passion for language learning / speaks a second language
At Mango Languages we are a team of talented individuals passionate about transforming the language-learning space by building tools that will help people in classrooms, organizations, and households around the world learn a new language.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.