Social Media Intern
English, Writing, Journalism or Advertising/Marketing graduates, or majors in their junior and senior years of college with past social media-focused internship experience are preferred. Excellent verbal skills and written communication, knowledge of proper spelling and grammar, a passion for writing all forms of content — emphasis on social media content and strategy — and a meticulous attention to detail are essential to succeed in this position. An interest in language and culture, and SaaS/EdTech is a bonus.
Our ideal candidate will bring equal parts professionalism, unique perspective, and avant-garde edge to Mango’s communications. We’re looking for a sharp writer, eager to roll your sleeves up and dig into the data, with an ear to the ground, and a passion to learn on the daily. You’ll need a demonstrated ability to drive a role all your own — with the interpersonal skills to absorb and lead in strategizing and team discussions, bringing your own ideas to the table. As Mango’s resident social media gatekeeper, you’ll be articulating the mission of our product in a way that’s as unique as our approach to language learning, and staying ahead of the curve in how our audiences consume information.
As a Social Media Intern, you’ll evolve your skills supporting brand communications across our current and future social networks, finding new ways to promote language and cultural exploration to the masses. You’ll coordinate with the digital and creative teams to hype analytically informed content that engages our audiences, piques their curiosities, and gives them confidence to lean on language-learning as the conduit to experiencing the most out of the world we share.
Mango interns support the communications team by writing and editing a variety of internal and external social content. Interns will develop a substantial portfolio of published writing samples, refine their writing skills for different audiences, and gain valuable experience working with senior team members and directors. Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research social media trends and assist digital team with research into marketing trends to help identify a strategy for successful audience interaction.
- Generate images, photos, and written content for social strategy and campaigns.
- Manage and update Mango’s social media accounts with engaging, on-brand content, across all channels, including identifying new channels to reach key audiences.
- Working with analysts, senior writers, and designers to put together social media strategy to engage and grow social audience, drive users through consumer life cycle, and generate business value through awareness and acquisition.
- Developing creative and engaging, on-brand social media content and social-driven campaigns.
- Assisting digital team in defining, analyzing, and consistently reporting specific social media KPIs to benchmark against, and measure content reach, user engagement, campaign efficacy, and ROI.
- Working with customer service team and communications team to react to, collect, and communicate online reviews, customer comments, and fan feedback to relevant internal teams.
- Working with and offering concepts and solutions to communications, digital, and creative teams for B2B and B2C strategies.
- Draft and execute posting schedules to target content by audience, channel, and goals, including paid promotions and sponsored campaigns to drive conversion and revenue across social channels.
- Managing our online social communities, including but not limited to: engaging users, answering questions, moderating discussion, and facilitating support.
- Staying up to date on the latest best practices and technologies for engaging social media communities.
- Researching audiences and their preferences and capitalizing on social trends and events to position ourselves as language and culture leaders.
- Collaborating with the Creative and Digital Marketing teams, as well as Sales, Customer Service, and Product Development teams to effectively implement marketing campaigns.
- Optimizing social profiles and content for organic search and increased brand visibility.
- Maintain working relationship with PR team on influencer marketing campaigns.
- Assist with any other communications or marketing activities as assigned, including research, content creating, and clerical duties.
- 1-2 years of social media exposure and marketing experience with demonstrated, hands-on experience in social media roles B.S. degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant field
- Experience with audience and buyer/user persona research
- Confidence in identifying and reporting relevant and critical social media KPIs
- Experience with identifying influencer opportunities and outreach
- Excellent knowledge of and experience communicating to audiences across current and growing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Experience with Facebook Ad Manager and Power Editor
- Tech savvy and in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword search tools, Google Analytics, social media engagement tools, and platforms like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.
- Capabilities in creating and maintaining engaging social communities, as well as driving conversion and revenue across all social media channels
- Demonstrated creative copy writing and editing skills
- Excellent Excel skills and organized reporting capabilities
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing and being resourceful with a budget
- Experience working closely with remote teammates and vendors
- Comfortable working with a PR team in influencer initiatives
- Published work that demonstrates your content intelligence, command of language and communication, and demonstrated success in delivering on deadline
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player, but also independent, out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal and transparent communication skills
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative in strategy and execution
- Experience with, and comfortable presenting concepts and strategies
- Highly adaptive, with ability to work through pivots in direction
- Experience communicating with multiple target audiences
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation
- Experienced writing/self-editing skills
- Resourceful and highly creative
- A passionate grammarian in favor of the Oxford comma
- Experience working in content management platforms and SEO software
- Can speak another language or has experience working or studying abroad
- This internship is a 90-day position with opportunity for full-time employment.
- This role may require some attention to social channels on the specific weekends when the Mango team is at tradeshows or if quick reaction time is required.
- Candidate will not be considered without a cover letter submitted with application.
Headquartered in Detroit, Mango Languages is the award-winning language-training resource for individuals and organizations around the world. On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections through meaningful interactions, Mango is the only adaptive language-learning system powered by proven methodologies, language-specific content, and designed to establish retention and rapidly build the practical conversation skills necessary to start the conversation in another language.