Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Paris 75017 /
DATA – Data Science /
Launched in 2013, ManoMano is Europe's leading marketplace for DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
Co-founded by Philippe de Chanville and Christian Raisson, ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products: electricity, plumbing, hardware, frames, indoor and outdoor furniture, tools, etc.
With more than 3500 seller partners and 5 million products, ManoMano operates in 6 markets (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom).
Thanks to the success of our fundraising (311 million euros to date), ManoMano now has more than 600 Manas & Manos spread across our 4 offices in Paris (x2), Bordeaux and Barcelona. With a quarter of international staff (24 different nationalities), ManoMano is a real melting pot reflecting our European ambitions. The team is also distinguished by its young and very dynamic spirit with an average age of 31.
Proud to be part of the Next 40 since 2019 (top 40 French startups), we have the ambition to be the n°1 destination for home improvement in Europe.
Joining ManoMano is a great professional and personal experience. It is an ideal environment to put your skills to work on innovative projects on a European scale.
Because people, and especially employees, are at the heart of ManoMano's culture, we are renowned for the optimal working conditions we offer.
Have a look at our Blog : https://medium.com/manomano-tech
Be challenged at ManoMano. The Data Science team is an applied Machine Learning team with a focus on delivery.
The team builds ML systems - either internal (e.g., product classification, demand forecasting) or customer-facing (e.g., search, recommendations) - to improve business outcomes.
We're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to expand our team and build some of the most innovative data products at ManoMano.
- Work with Data Scientists to explore and productionize model improvements.
- Build and orchestrate machine learning pipelines to train and deploy models.
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team.
- Have end-to-end ownership of ManoMano’s ML infrastructure.
- Write production-ready code.
We hire for slope, not Y-intercept. No specific technical skills are required.
- Experience building production ML systems.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English. French is not required.
- Collaborate well in a team environment.
- Growth mindset: love learning and seek challenges.
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation, etc.).
- Software engineering fundamentals.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Experience working with real-time, large-scale data processing.
What we offer at ManoMano:
--Top-tier Data Scientists with probably some of the strongest modeling skills in the Next40.
-A scale- up environment made in France in hyper growth
-Autonomy with a wide field of action
-An immersion in the data-driven e-commerce
-Agile & thrilling & international environment
-Friday Labs to learn about diverse and exciting subjects
-A pleasant setting in Paris in more than 3,000 m² (a gym, a terrace, a music room)
-A positive, supportive & dynamic atmosphere
-Crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledge, learn from others)
-External events attendance, fairs & Meetups
-Restaurant card, mutual, transportation, 7 weeks vacation/year
-3 days/week remote work
We're actively seeking applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »