VP of Brand and Programming
Man Repeller is evolving into Repeller and Propeller. Repeller will be a new-and-improved lifestyle media company. Propeller will be a subscription network with activity-based clubs that maximize real relationships and minimize loneliness.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Brand and Programming will oversee strategy, ideation, and execution of Repeller and Propeller’s brand, in addition to programming and creative across site, social, podcasts, video, and new platform extensions. Direct reports will include the content, creative and programming team. This role will be responsible for broadening and deepening the brand and audience experience with creativity, empathy, and nuance, building a company that delivers incredibly meaningful storytelling and experiences to our readers and users.
Why this Role Matters
This role is key to building a sturdy foundation for the future. The right person will take Man Repeller from an editorial publisher to a consumer product company that puts storytelling and relationship building at the forefront. As part of a small but powerful team, you will bring an equal mix of strategy and execution to the company, allowing us to deliver on our vision and mission in the most authentic, effective and efficient way possible.
- Pioneer a new brand strategy that will define the company for the next decade and beyond, building off of our existing mission and vision and bringing them to life in big and small ways.
- Develop a new content and programming strategy that drives value and serves readers, convincing them to pay for the experience (for Propeller) or keep coming back (for Repeller)
- Channel the power of Man Repeller’s community into a broader strategy that fosters real relationships between Propeller users and helps drive personal development
- Attract, recruit, and retain top content, programming and creative talent through both staff and contributors
- Develop a culture of autonomy that 1) rewards entrepreneurship and accountability for meeting business goals daily, monthly, and annually; and 2) feeds off of data and experiments to continue driving growth
- Establish Repeller and Propeller as premium brands with elevated taste but accessible entry points
- Create an innovative platform strategy that leverages the best of each medium across social, video, digital events, community forums, podcasts, text messaging and more.
- Oversee content and programming on a monthly basis, in addition to defining tent-pole packages and events.
- Ideate and oversee the execution of creative programs with partners, as well as alternative revenue streams.
- Establish KPIs to measure success of the content and connection strategy
- 8+ years in brand strategy, digital content/media and marketing, with an interest in building and activating communities.
- At least 5+ years managing a team, setting editorial and marketing strategy, and keeping projects on track to completion
- Possess a keen understanding of storytelling (how to spot one, craft one, facilitate creation of one with writers and content creators)
- Have access to a broad network of collaborators
- Can thrive in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Proven track record in leading a team with empathy and fostering growth, limited turnover
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a space where we all feel comfortable hanging out 24/7—a place where everyone has a seat at the table and an accompanying megaphone. It’s by offering up our genuine selves that we can actually connect with others and our growing team is taking that mission out into the world.