Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY (Currently Remote) /
Insurance companies spend billions on marketing to find new customers, and often those costs come back to consumers in the form of higher premiums. We’re changing that.
At Marble, we put our members at the center of the insurance process so they can effortlessly protect the things they care about, all while earning the value they deserve. We’re laser-focused on saving insurance customers money by building a rewards-based membership program.
For insurance companies, Marble is the most innovative marketing and engagement tactic since email. Using our proprietary software and structure, we partner with insurance carriers, brokers, and agents to engage their customers like never before.
It’s not often that you get to say this when talking about insurance, but with Marble, everybody truly does win.
Marble is backed by IA Capital, the longest tenured insurtech- and fintech-focused venture capital firm in the US with a 20 year track record of successful investments and exits.
What you’ll do:
Marble is looking for a Senior Software Engineering that brings years of Django and React.js experience. You will help spearhead the development and growth of our early prototypes and products. Working with Marble’s CTO, you will help build a best-in-class engineering team that collaborates to build delightful products, designs and implements scalable infrastructure, and encourages diversity of experience and thought. Velocity is critical to our success and you will be integral in building the team and the infrastructure that delivers this velocity.
What you’ll build:
As one of the first engineering hires, you will work directly with Marble's CTO and CEO to build each of our three digital products: a digital insurance wallet, the first and only rewards platform for insurance, and a B2B co-branded rewards platform for insurance carriers.
- You are a manager with 5+ years of technology experience, specifically with Python and React.js
- You have experience managing and working alongside offshore engineering teams
- Experience in a fast growing organization building out processes and teams
- Experience working with complex problems involving multiple partners
- You have a track record of building and motivating high performing engineering teams to continuously innovate, collaborate, and improve
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs, back end platforms, distributed systems, data access layers, etc.
- You’re committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build, test, and measure solutions that increase organizational velocity
- You’ve excelled in fast-paced, ambiguous environments, particularly by organizing yourself and others with strong and flexible frameworks and processes
- Deliver high quality and scalable solutions in our Django and React.js platform
- Partner on the technology budget, driving the selection of third-party technologies and assisting with contract negotiations
- Vet, interview, and hire engineers and engineering managers
- Coordinate with technology leadership at the largest insurance carriers in the US and worldwide, as they integrate Marble’s technology platform
- Set the foundation for high code quality and dev ops best practices
- Maintain and strengthen best-in-class data security and privacy practices
- Writing code, and lots of it. Though this is a senior position, we are a small team so we expect our early engineering hires to be in the code every day until you hire a team around you.
- We are an early stage company and we ask that all candidates review this job description knowing that the only thing we are certain of is: things will change, including your responsibilities. Please only apply to this role if you are comfortable with this.