Sales Office Assistant
Saddle Brook, NJ
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap is the nation's largest commercial investment real estate brokerage firm with over 80 offices and closes more commercial real estate transactions annually than any other firm in the nation. This is an excellent full-time opportunity for a top-quality, creative, career-minded individual to work directly with a top performing senior real estate agent as an Agent Assistant. Ideal candidate will have superb written, organizational and communication skills, give 100% commitment to helping create a dynamic team environment, have strong attention to detail, be a self-motivator/proactive, problem solver and a quick learner.
This role is a Full time position working with a Commercial Real Estate Investment Sales agent in the New Jersey office of Marcus & Millichap. The individual in this position will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties.
- Prepare Marketing Packages & Proposals
- Create spreadsheets and data tables in both Word and Excel
- Support all marketing initiatives, including coordination and dissemination of sales reports and client correspondence
- Provide telephone coverage, including responding to inquiries, properly routing calls, and taking detailed messages.
- Use of good judgment with both internal and external clients.
- Maintain calendar and all scheduling; planning and preparation for all meetings
- Support sales team as needed
- Ensure proper flow of information, pursuing detailed follow-through, as necessary
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Photoshop
- Preferred experience with InDesign
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel and a familiarity with spreadsheet formulas
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Prior administrative experience in a sales group essential
- Real estate, legal or financial services industry experience preferred
- Flexible attitude with the willingness to take on new projects
- Highly service-oriented individual with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to take independent initiative for action within areas of responsibility
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.