Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading commercial real estate investment company is seeking a career minded Brokerage Administrator (aka Administrative Assistant) for their Dallas office.
*This role is Front Desk based.
The ideal candidate will not only possess well developed administration skills but also bring ‘added value’ to the team with talents in either graphic design, training, marketing or have a tech savvy background. Most important trait of all, you must be a natural ‘people’ person with a can-do and will-do attitude.
If you are looking for a company where you can grow a long-term career and are seeking a position that offers a diverse array of responsibilities in a very friendly and fast paced environment, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your ‘added value’ talents and what skills and/or personal characteristics you possess that make you an ideal candidate, along with your salary requirements for immediate consideration.
The Front Desk Brokerage Administrator provides telephone and administrative assistance to Sales Agents and Management
- Answer telephone using switchboard in a courteous, efficient and professional manner, routing all calls proficiently.
- Greet and announce visitors in a courteous, professional manner, offering refreshment to each visitor.
- Handle process servers according to Marcus & Millichap procedure.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the reception and conference room areas before and after each meeting, as well as at opening and closing of office. Work with Brokerage Staff to keep all office areas neat, clean and organized.
- Process new listings; to include proofing and editing marketing package for superior quality and use of grammar.
- Assist Operations Manager in the processing of sold and closed transactions when needed and be cross trained in all transactional processes.
- Learn various software programs, company applications and policies/procedures that pertain specifically to Agents and Assistants and conduct training sessions when required.
- Be eager to learn new software applications and technical remedies to keep office PC systems updated.
- Learn to create high quality marketing materials for agents, i.e.; postcards and flyers.
- Perform copying, scanning, proposal binding and print jobs for agents.
- Assist Operations Manager in stocking of supplies and maintaining cleanliness of office work areas, maintaining copiers and other office machines, general problem solving
- Ability to communicate extremely well with a diverse group of personality types and to teach one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new concepts and challenge yourself to learn and grow.
- Have a natural willingness to be helpful and be very service oriented.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Strong knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of InDesign software a HUGE PLUS
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- 2+ year’s administrative experience
- 4-year College degree
- Some previous experience in a training capacity a plus
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.