Sales Office Assistant
Edmonton, AB /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales and financing, as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
The potential candidate for the part time Sales Office Assistant will join a team of Commercial Real Estate Agents in a busy brokerage office in Edmonton. It is essential that the candidate be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, have graphic design experience, a professional demeanor, strong written, verbal, and mathematical skills as well as a good telephone manner. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are also essential.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, resourceful, and flexible, as well as have an ability to source information through clients, landlords and tenants along with the creation of marketing material including flyers, brochures, signs, and reports.
This is a very tightly knit team working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-pressure environment where priorities are constantly changing. All members of this team must be willing and able to fill in for any other position (including performing administrative duties, the preparation of leasing documentation such as proposals and offers and carry out general clerical duties etc.) and must be willing to multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize constantly.
Candidate should be a self-confident, self-starter capable of working with demanding and busy individuals.
- Lead generation within existing database and sourcing potential retail tenants and clients;
- Maintaining the brokerage database including tracking and reporting vacancies and cross-referencing previous data to uncover and record new leases and sales;
- Performing regular maintenance and updates to the databases by conducting telephone surveys, research, broker meetings, extracting data from brochures and other marketing materials, contacting civic organizations, outside agents, internet, and other sources;
- Contacting retailers, retail chains and brokerage firms to ensure database is current and correct;
- Sourcing, researching and preparing all types of client ready related information for marketing packages, reports and studies, including charts and graphs;
- Researching ownership, zoning by-laws, heritage designation and specific building and/or unit details.
- Researching market rates and comparables.
- Creating Marketing Material such as flyers, brochures, signs, and other advertising
- Performing administrative duties, as necessary
- Answering phones and routing calls to agents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to follow direction and work efficiently
- Strong PC, Microsoft Office and general technology competency
- Strong design and creative skills
- Proficient in Adobe products such as InDesign (considered an asset but not essential)
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Highly ethical, hardworking, dependable and punctual
- Ability to learn quickly
- A self-motivator
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout Canada and the United States.
Marcus & Millichap closes more transactions than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2021, the firm closed 13,255 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $105 billion CAD.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.