Calabasas, CA /
Corporate – Accounting /
Seeking a talented, entrepreneurial and bright Executive Assistant to support the CFO and Senior Vice President/Corporate Initiatives of our growing firm. Our ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 3-5 years general business experience (marketing/communications, administration, recruiting/sales), excellent written/verbal communication skills, a high-level attention to detail and a "can-do" attitude!
Under direct supervision, the Executive Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the CFO and Senior Vice President/Corporate Initiatives. In addition to typing, filing and drafting business memos, individual performs duties such as: coordinating travel arrangements, financial record keeping, calendaring, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating/drafting documents for meetings and communications, completing expense reports and working on special projects. Answers routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedule and organize complex actives such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for management team.
- Experience interacting with media and managing media relationships.
- Performs accounting and transaction activities.
- Performs desktop publishing. May create and develop visual presentations.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the executive and department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and phone calls.
- Open, sorts and distributes mail.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or email. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phone and takes messages; answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other administrative assistants/receptionists to cover phones and/or front desk.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, SVPs. Handles confidential information.
- Works independently and within a team on special projects. Responsible for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, etc.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Strong technical capability to include Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Personal effectiveness/credibility. Maintains confidentiality.
- Attention to detail; thoroughness
- Collaborations skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.