Calabasas, CA /
Corporate – Accounting /
Marcus & Millichap, one of the nation’s leading commercial real estate investment services company (with more than 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices nationwide and throughout Canada) is seeking a Supervisor Accountant located in our Calabasas Headquarters.
The Senior Accountant will be part of a “27 person” Accounting department team and will play a vital role in this highly dynamic environment. This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor located in our Calabasas office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the month-end close process including preparation of journal entries, GL account reconciliations, and adjustments in accordance with GAAP
- Review and analyze general ledger account fluctuations on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Facilitate required SOX documentation & updates
- Maintain, update, and improve internal control documentations
- Support the external & internal audits and quarterly reviews through communication with auditors, and preparation of analysis and documentations
- Participate in the improvement of accounting procedures & systems
- 5 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Sox compliance
- Good documentation and formalization skills
- Highly self-motivated with keen attention to detail.
- SAP experience, proficient in Excel, Blackline a plus
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes more transactions than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2021, the firm closed 13,255 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $84.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.