Corporate – REIS Staff
Transaction Coordinator (aka Sales Office Assistant) needed for a top producing National Retail Team in the Manhattan & Boston Offices of Marcus & Millichap, the largest real estate investment brokerage firm in the US. We are looking for a bright individual interested in advancing their career by joining a successful and growing commercial real estate brokerage team. Potential candidates should have a professional demeanor, strong written, verbal, and mathematical skills as well as good phone manner. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is essential. Candidate should be comfortable working in a busy, corporate sales environment.
Nature & Scope
The Transaction Coordinator manages all documents and activities associated with the Senior Agents’ transactions in the REIS Office, reporting directly to the Senior Real Estate Agents’.
- Gain a full knowledge of Marcus & Millichap contracts and their proper use
- Gain a full knowledge of the brokerage continuum
- Work with escrow or attorneys to move the transaction forward by generating the appropriate contracts as directed by Senior Agent
- Follow up with buyer and seller during the due diligence period obtaining necessary documents and signatures
- Perform constant follow up with escrow or attorneys to get all documents completed by contract due dates
- Read through and double-check to ensure all contracts are complete and fully executed and are in compliance with Marcus & Millichap policies before moving them to the next party or file
- Read all non-Marcus & Millichap contracts to ensure compliance with Marcus & Millichap policies
- Keep organized, complete transaction files in accordance with state DRE requirements
- Forward fully executed, closing documents required by Marcus & Millichap to the team Marketing Coordinator or staff to ensure timely commission payment to Sr. Agent
- Keep all emails associated with every transaction and print to file
- In slower times, assist Sr. Agent staff team with administrative tasks and provide administrative support as required
- Brokerage support, including proofing and editing marketing packages for superior quality in adherence to the M&M editorial style guide
- Assist with local public relations activities including press releases
- Print, bind and distribute proposals and memoranda as required
- Draft outgoing correspondence as required
- Coordinate distribution of new listings by email
- Track status and required action for active listings
- Maintain files for pending proposals and closed listings
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external sources, must be very articulate
- Excellent writing and editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Versatile/flexible with the ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities and tasks as requested
- Must be a team player
Please email resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the above-mentioned criteria
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.