Ottawa, ON /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
Marcus & Millichap is one of the largest commercial investment real estate brokerage firm in North America with approximately 90 offices and closes more commercial real estate transactions annually than any other firm in North America. Marcus & Millichap specializes in representing buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of income-producing property between $1 and $50 million, including multi-family, shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties and net leased properties.
This is an excellent full-time entry level opportunity for a top-quality, career-minded individual to work directly with top performing real estate agents as a Research Analyst in the Ottawa Office.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, resourceful and flexible, as well as have an ability to source information by building relationships with owners, tenants and all property representatives who is not afraid to be persistent and follow up. This candidate will also be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, have a professional demeanor, strong written, verbal and mathematical skills as well as a good telephone manner. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are also essential.
This is a very tightly knit team working in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressure environment where priorities are constantly changing. All members of this team must be willing and able to fill in for any other position (including performing administrative duties, the preparation of leasing documentation such as proposals and offers and carry out general clerical duties etc.) and must be willing to multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize constantly.
Candidate should be a self-confident, self-starter capable of working with demanding and busy individuals.
- Assist in all aspects of the process by prospecting, cultivating, setting appointments, and managing leads in our contact management database (CRM) system.
- Mine prior leads of sellers from CRM to acquire their property for investors. Track calls and follow ups in CRM
- Develop and execute a warm and cold calling strategy to target sellers to get the brokers to a meeting with them, within an assigned territory and asset class. Follow scripts and guidelines to deliver the team value proposition and handle buyer/seller objections
- Research using online tools:
- Follow scripts and guidelines to deliver the team value proposition and handle buyer/seller objections
- Primary duties include outbound calling, e-mail communication, coordination and scheduling of real estate buying and selling opportunities, and overall management of sales pipeline through the sales
- Track weekly sales in the market and add new participants to CRM
- Gather property specific data using online tools including zoning, physical and financial
- Generate comparable sales for a specific asset using online tools
- Canvass market trends, comps, data research
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.