Corporate – Tech/IS
Marcus & Millichap, Inc. is looking for an Application Developer with proven design and development skills to join a small, highly motivated team. The right developer will turn business requirements into applications that delight our business partners. They will collaborate with their team as well as others inside and outside IT to deliver new capabilities that move our business forward.
- Develops web applications using standard software design patterns and best practices.
- Maintains and enhances existing .NET web applications.
- Implements high quality and maintainable code.
- Translates business requirements into development strategies.
- Works with business users to clarify requirements.
- Tests and debugs applications.
- Coordinates with other team members to build/deploy code.
- Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using software development best practices.
- Creates website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrates data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gathers and refines specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Creates and maintains software documentation.
- Acts responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our applications.
- Stays plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Collaborates with UI/UX designers to match visual design intent.
- Develops applications with minimal guidance.
- Has ability to lead development for small projects or features.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years minimum MS SQL Server skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required
- Hands on experience in OOP concepts and multi-threading
- SQL Server 2014 and above (Stored Procedure, triggers and tuning)
- Experience with application design patterns including MVC
- Experience with Angualar and JQuery
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, Web API , WCF
- Agile development practices including the Scrum framework
- Team Foundation Services
- Test Driven Development experience a plus
- Clear, concise, well commented coding practices
- Strong work ethic requiring minimal supervision required
- A sense of curiosity
- Good communication skills
- Additional skills that will help you stand out of the crowd: LINQ, Entity Framework, IIS Configuration, Windows Permission
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.