Corporate – Accounting
Marcus & Millichap, Inc, the Nation’s largest Real Estate Investment Brokerage company (80+ offices nationally), is looking to hire a highly motivated Contract Administrator within our Corporate Accounting department.
The “Contract Administrator” will be part of an “25 person” Accounting department team and will play a vital role in this highly dynamic environment. This position reports to the Director of Accounting located in the Calabasas Corporate office.
- Administers Accounting contracts, prepares, evaluates and verifies the terms of the contracts with management, legal and accounting departments.
- Monitors all contract deadlines and conditions to ensure timelines are kept and all relevant payments or information has been met.
- Ensures that all performance obligations specified in the contract are being met.
- Monitors and tracks performance over the course of the contract by utilizing the CobbleStone contract management tool.
- Administers all agent agreements including, staff support, marketing allowance, loans, etc.
- Works closely with the Assistant Controller and Director of Revenue to review the monthly expenses booked to ensure its accuracy & completeness.
- Reviews the monthly support & bonus calculations and assist with the accrual and reserve process.
- Notifies the Accounting and management team of any renewal terms & deadlines.
- Reviews Agent commissions and populates the data files for the budgeting process.
- Monitors new and modified office lease agreements, ensures agreement terms are clearly defined and entered into the Pro-Lease system.
Education and Experience Level:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Business Administration, Law, or related field required; Master’s degree in Business, Law, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years previous experience as a Contract Administrator, HR representative, Business Administrative, Contract Manager, or related field.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Expert level in Excel required.
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Strict adherence to company guidelines, compliance and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.