Real Estate Administrative Assistant
Fort Worth, TX
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading commercial real estate investment sales brokerage company, is seeking a career-minded Real Estate Administrative Assistant/Brokerage Administrator for their Fort Worth office.
This position holds a vital role for our offices and agents, where the ideal candidate possesses well-developed administration skills but also brings ‘added value’ to the team with talents in either brokerage, graphic design, training, marketing and/or have a ‘tech savvy’ background. Most important of all, you must be a natural ‘people’ person with a can-do and will-do attitude.
If you are looking for a company where you can grow a long-term career and are seeking a position that offers a diverse array of responsibilities in a friendly and fast paced environment, we welcome your application.
The Brokerage Administrator provides a broad range of telephone and administrative assistance to Sales Agents and Management and is responsible for expediting all transactional work relating to the listing and sales of commercial real estate, training new Agents and other personnel on company applications and software programs, as well as performs various administrative and marketing tasks related to commercial real estate brokerage. The BA divides their time between training and brokerage responsibilities. Previous real estate experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Note: this position is Front Desk based.
- Answer telephone using switchboard in a courteous, efficient and professional manner, routing all calls proficiently.
- Training and support to new agents, loan originators, agent assistants, staff and management.
- Process new listings; to include proofing and editing marketing package for superior quality and use of grammar. Assist Operations Manager in the processing of sold and closed transactions when needed and be cross trained in all transactional processes.
- Learn various software, company applications and policies/procedures that pertain specifically to Agents and Assistants and conduct training sessions when required.
- Be eager to learn new software applications and technical remedies to keep office PC systems updated.
- Learn to create high quality marketing materials for agents, i.e.; postcards and flyers.
- Perform copying, scanning, proposal binding and print jobs for agents.
- Maintain and resolve office equipment maintenance (printers, scanner, fax, server, etc.)
- Customer service, and telephone/front desk responsibilities.
- Assist with stocking of supplies, maintaining copiers and other office machines, general problem solving.
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse group of personality types and to teach one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new concepts and to challenge yourself to learn and grow.
- Have a natural willingness to be helpful and service oriented.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes:
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Some previous experience in a training capacity preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Be reliable and punctual
- Professional phone and customer service etiquette
- Possess a friendly, proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn and progress within the firm
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/equivalent
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.