Front Desk Administrator
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap Denver is seeking a personable, professional Front Desk Administrator who will serve as the first impression for our Denver office and drive many administrative processes. Ideal candidates for this role are detail-oriented self-starters who are passionate about contributing to the staff team and the office’s success.
The Front Desk Administrator (“Brokerage Administrator” or “BA”) is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Operations Manager. They divide their time between brokerage administration, executive support, and scheduling
- Full-time phones/front office support relief per company standards
- Front office management
- Brokerage administration and transactional tasks
- Executive support to Operations and Regional Manager
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Training and support to new agents, originators, agent assistants, staff and management
- In-office coordination for firm-wide technology/similar launches
The Front Desk Administrator will:
- Process brokerage requests, this may include: proofing and editing according to the regulations, executing compliance procedures, and processing additional changes as necessary (training will be provided)
- Perform general administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, faxing, processing mail and scheduling meetings to further support and leverage the sales process
- Process deal file paperwork; gather and label required documents; obtain necessary approvals
- Answer main office phone and greet employees and visitors
- Facilitate interviews on behalf of the Operations and Regional Managers
- Assist in preparation to produce presentations, documents, and complete special projects in support of the Operations and Regional Managers
- Create files and adhere to the company’s digital filing system
- Submit office maintenance request through the building’s maintenance portal
- Utilize postage machine and other shipping methods, retrieve mail from the mail room and sort mail
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring the cleanliness of the lobby area, front desk and break room
- Order, inventory and stock mail, breakroom, and front office supplies
- Cross-train in Operations Manager duties for coverage as needed
- Generate, copy, scan and bind documents for use by management and agents
- Duties assigned as the business needs require
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills as well as proofreading and editing abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Reliable and punctual
- Resourceful self-starter; pressure-durable
- Professional phone and customer service etiquette
- Possess a friendly, team player, and proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime as needed (paid at an overtime rate)
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred but not required
- Some previous experience in executive support and scheduling strongly preferred
- Experience in residential or commercial real estate strongly preferred
- Experience using Salesforce, DocuSign, and an ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Experience providing executive support/assistance
- Experience working in a sales environment
- Candidates are tested for competency in software and office skills.
Brokerage Administrators will enroll in the Certified Agent Support Specialist program within the first nine (9) calendar months of employment in this role (or no later than the first 12 months**). The BA will successfully complete the program and obtain the title of Certified Agent Support Specialist within the first 12 months (or no later than the first 18 months**). Post certification, Brokerage Administrators will solely utilize the Certified Agent Support Specialist (Front Desk Based) title.
Certified Agent Support Specialist Coordinators Responsibilities
Of consecutive employment in the role
In addition to the responsibilities assigned to the Brokerage Administrator role, the Brokerage Administrator/Certified Agent Support Specialist takes the initiative in developing training presentations and training materials. They must be able to teach one-on-one or in a group setting.
The CASS (Front Desk Based) Will:
Learn and conduct training in accordance to established training modules for all software, firm applications and policies/procedures that pertain to agents, originators and their assistants. This training will be conducted on an ongoing basis as directed by the Operations Manager.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.