Accounts Payable Specialist
Corporate – Accounting
Marcus & Millichap, Inc, the nation’s largest real estate investment brokerage company (80+ offices nationally), is looking to hire a highly motivated Accounts Payable Specialist within our Accounting department.
The “AP Specialist” will be part of a “28 person” Accounting department team and will play a vital role in this highly dynamic environment. This position will report to the AP Manager located in our Calabasas office.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prepares batch check runs for commission and vendor payments.
- Audits and processes Expense reports.
- Matches invoices and deals to vendor and commission checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Oversees 1099 maintenance.
- Deposits checks via remote deposit.
- Maintains various departmental lists.
- Responds to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assists in month end closing.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Associates or Bachelors in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- SAP experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to type 45-55 wpm.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.