Brokerage Administrator / Marketing Coordinator
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading Commercial Real Estate Investment Company with 80+ offices nationally, is seeking a Front Desk Brokerage Administrator/Marketing Coordinator for their Columbus, OH office.
The Front Desk BA/MC provides telephone, administrative, and marketing support to the Agents and Management of office, reporting directly to the Operations Manager. This individual will gain in depth knowledge of commercial real estate and the brokerage office.
Front Desk & Brokerage Support:
- Answer phone and route calls using switchboard in a courteous, efficient and professional manner and act as relief person for other offices.
- Greet and announce visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
- Gain and display knowledge on a weekly basis of all regional office property listings and advertised properties ensuring calls are routed to correct agent.
- Keep apprised of how agents would like to have calls handled in their absence; i.e. agent wants calls to go to voice mail not to agent cell phone and performing same.
- Maintain front desk, break area and conference rooms to ensure cleanliness and organization prior to and after meetings or events.
- Use of postage machine for daily mail processing. Accept and distribute package delivery.
- Maintain inventory of office and coffee supplies, alerting the Operations Manager to any needs.
- Ensure printers and fax machines are supplied with paper and toner for daily and weekend use.
- Copying, scanning and binding as requested by Agents.
- Create files when necessary and adhere to the company’s filing system.
- Using internal packaging software, enter new listings and revisions into system, create paper listing files and work with Operations Manager to activate or update in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or Regional Manager.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Marketing, Graphic Design or Business Degree desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the company’s editorial style guide.
- Must be aware of and skilled on the firm’s research, technology and marketing tools.
- Proven track record of being on time and dependable and attentive to details.
- Track record of proofreading documents for spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Act as liaison between the office and the communications department.
- Assist the Regional Manager in local public relations activities including press releases, event promotion and execution and tracking media contacts.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Experience in Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
- Experience planning, organizing and executing multiple assignments, tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently under pressure.
- Professional front office appearance, dress and demeanor
- High School Education or higher
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.