Financial Loan Analyst - Commercial Real Estate
San Diego, CA
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation – Staff
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation is seeking a dependable individual with prior experience in real estate financial analysis and valuation. This is a full-time position working directly under a top loan origination team in the San Diego Office. Excellent analytical and professional business writing skills are required. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate. Superior computer skills are a must; candidate should possess a high comfort level with Microsoft Excel and have general excel financial modeling capabilities.
- The Loan Analyst position provides underwriting and financial analysis of multifamily and commercial real estate properties and markets, and prepares financial documents supporting the analysis. The position also requires database management, data input, pipeline management and related tasks associates with loan origination and closing of commercial real estate loans.
- The Loan Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team who can operate in a fast-paced environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines, while consistently projecting a friendly and professional demeanor.
Duties will include:
- Gathering of property and borrower information to underwrite and review
- Reviewing of financial statements and financial data
- Analyzing and summarizing historical property operations
- Preparation of financial analysis of properties and markets
- Ordering third party reports and reviewing reports upon receipt
- Underwriting of all property types
- Creating quote sheets, marketing packages, and proposals, and working collaboratively with other team members to provide debt quotes in a timely manner
- Client, property, and loan database maintenance and administration
- Site visits and photographing of properties
- Bachelor's degree, or higher
- Financial analysis and underwriting
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Works well under deadlines
- Creative self-starter
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Have a team-player attitude
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.