Corporate – IPA
Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales and financing, as well as a leading source of research and advisory services. Founded in 1971, the firm closed nearly 9,500 transactions in 2018 with a value of approximately $46.4 billion. In 2011, we introduced Institutional Property Advisors (IPA), a division dedicated to serving major private and institutional investors. This strategy has met with great success and market acceptance and provides a vehicle for growth by delivering our unique service platform within the middle and larger transaction multifamily, retail and office property types. Our ability to bridge private capital with larger, institutional assets creates value for investors while offering growth opportunities and strengthening the retention of our investment sales and financing professionals.
IPA is seeking a Business Analyst to join their Calabasas based team, and this individual will play a vital role in this rapidly expanding division within the firm. The Business Analyst is responsible for the implementation and support of various initiatives including administrative work-flow processes, performance management, generating standard and ad-hoc reports, development of new tools, and technology related projects.
- Proactively collaborates with IPA senior management and members of functional groups such as marketing, events, research and technology to insure strategic initiatives are accurately communicated and executed in the various functional areas.
- Support IPA senior management by researching, identifying and presenting solutions in response to issues arising in the management of national sales teams.
- Research and provide background information and recommendations to support decision-making on platform issues.
- Support the development of sales aids and advisor professional development tools through the application of specialized research on geographically diverse real estate markets across various property types.
- Support the organizing, planning and development of materials for sales advisor and investor meetings.
- Assist in taking appropriate follow-up action at the conclusion of these meetings.
- Documents current-state business processes and makes recommendations to improve.
- Participate in weekly/monthly WebEx meetings with Advisors to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
- Gather, stabilize, maintain, and interpret real estate data and information from a variety of sources.
- Create and maintain a broker database by product type and market, including but not limited to: Y-O-Y market-share, years of experience, role and recent client/investors representation.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and have a strong ability to multitask.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Commercial Real Estate experience preferred.
- Prior professional experience as an Analyst for a minimum of 2 years preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.