Junior Mortgage Broker - Portland
Western Division – Portland
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Junior Mortgage Broker to join our growing team in Portland! The right candidate will have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel in particular, as well as previous customer service experience.
Our mortgage Brokers provide owners and investors access to the most competitive real estate financing through a variety of sources, including regional and national lenders, life insurance companies, CMBS, agency lenders, and private capital.
A day in the life of a Junior Originator often includes:
- Preparing thoughtful analyses of clients' assets, and initial feedback for clients regarding potential capital sources, rates, and terms
- Researching capital markets trends, lender programs and loan closings in the marketplace
- Marketing existing loan commitments to the most qualified capital sources to encourage competition, resulting in the best rates and terms for our clients
- Marketing current closings and available programs to client and referral databases
- Participating in best-in-class training and ongoing skills-development workshops
- Networking with other industry professionals and sourcing new client and referral leads
- Managing and expanding the Salesforce Database
- Providing administrative and loan processing assistance to the Senior Originator
- Collaborating and partnering with Senior Originator to achieve business and career goals
What makes Marcus & Millichap different?
- National Platform – The alignment between our Real Estate Investment Sales Agents and Commercial Loan Originators provides access to deal flow, and increases the likelihood of a successful transaction. Our culture of collaboration & information sharing is a founding principle of the firm.
- Fewer Restrictions – Clients want to do business with those they know, like and trust. Our Loan Originators can partner with clients regardless of location, asset class, deal size, or product type. This is unique within our industry, and allows our Loan Originators to build diverse businesses.
- Non-Competitive Management – Our management team is there to train, coach, and support our Loan Originators in growing their businesses; they are no longer doing deals themselves. Our management team ensures we have the best-prepared, most knowledgeable Loan Originators in the market.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.