Executive Assistant - Events
Walnut Creek, CA
Corporate – Marketing/Communications
Marcus & Millichap, the Nation's leader in Commercial Real Estate Investment Sales, is seeking an Executive Assistant for our Walnut Creek Marketing Events office. The EA performs general administrative duties for the Senior Vice President, the Operations Director and other department members as needed and serves as the primary contact for all Office Managerial tasks.
- Screens SVP of Event's Marketing Executive’s calls.
- Manages SVP's calendar, department time off calendar, conference room calendar.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies or vendors, including high-level staff such as the CEO, C-suite, Management team and their staff. Handles confidential information.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the executive and department working with department management. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Books staff travel arrangements.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Coordinates office events.
- Performs HR functions of on-boarding new employees, terminations working with the HR department and payroll including review of timesheets.
- Manages the physical office property and department assets.
- Interacts with senior leadership, the management team, agents, regional offices, the corporate office and VIPs as well as special projects.
- Strong computer and Internet skills are required as well as flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 3 years minimal experience.
- Strong technical capability: Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365, Sharepoint, Adobe PDF editing)
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.