Commercial Real Estate Assistant/Front Desk Administrator
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap, the nation’s largest real estate investment brokerage firm, is looking for a Brokerage Administrator to provide professional support to the Washington DC office. Candidates must be extremely dependable, organized, detail oriented, flexible, creative, and able to work independently. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional follow-through, can work in a fast-paced environment, be highly motivated, possess exceptional PC skills, as well as written/verbal communication skills. The ability to multitask under pressure is a must.
The Brokerage Administrator (BA) with a path to Marketing Coordinator (MC) is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Operations Manager. The BA/MC divides their time between marketing and brokerage responsibilities.
The BA/MC provides:
- Marketing support, including the coordination of events, contests, advertising, press releases, and public relations
- Graphic design services to include the production of marketing/related materials utilizing M&Ms proprietary software (MNet) and standard software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Brokerage administration and transactional tasks
- Back-up phones/front office support 1-2x a week and as-needed
- Coordination of office events, client symposiums and recruiting events and sales contests.
- Become skilled in the production of materials using proprietary and standard software, to include proofreading.
- Create/maintain office Marketing Center with up to date and relevant materials.
- Liaise with firm’s Communications, Public Relations, and Events Departments as necessary.
- The BA/MC will adequately acquire/refine these skills within 9 – 12 months of onboarding (or transferring into the role) at which time the BA/MC will solely utilize the Marketing Coordinator title.
- Plan and execute office events such as conferences, meetings, happy hours, etc.
- Assist with miscellaneous duties such as scanning, binding, supply stocking, and maintaining office cleanliness.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes:
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop strongly preferred
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Reliable and punctual
- Professional phone and customer service etiquette
- Possess a friendly, proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn and progress within the firm 2+ years
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/equivalent
- Candidates are tested for competency in software and office skills.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.