Walnut Creek, CA
Corporate – Marketing/Communications
Marcus & Millichap, the commercial real estate industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales and financing, as well as a leading source of research and advisory services, is seeking an Event Planner to be based out of our Walnut Creek, CA office. The Event Planner will produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize corporate events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently.
The ideal candidate must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details such as set-up, catering, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc. The Event Planner must also have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail and project tracking, as well as a positive, professional demeanor.
Must have proven track record of directly interfacing with suppliers, understanding and working within corporate guidelines and planning and managing all logistics related to the planning and execution of trade shows, conferences and meetings. Responsibilities will include task management for multiple projects, working with vendors and coordinating logistics.
This individual will be expected to become knowledgeable about the general commercial real estate industry including terminology.
This position works in the Events Department and reports to the Director of Operations. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives, including project plan, timeline, and event marketing
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate all operations of the specific events
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Planning, Marketing, and Communications
- Prefer 7-10 years of experience in a related field, with a proven track record in a fast-paced, production environment; commercial real estate or brokerage industry experience a strong plus
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certificate preferred
- Tradeshow and Conference experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Skilled in project management: must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Strong negotiation skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- A team player with leadership skills
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.