Corporate – Accounting
Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services, Inc, the nation’s largest real estate investment brokerage company (80+ offices nationally), is looking to hire a highly motivated GL accountant within our accounting department.
The “GL Accountant” will be part of a “21 person” Accounting department team and will play a vital role in this highly dynamic environment. Under the direction of the Director of Accounting, located in Calabasas.
- Assist in the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries
- Analyze general ledger account fluctuations
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Assist with lease capitalization journal entries and reconciliation
- Assist with Mortgage Servicing Rights activities and monthly reporting
- Assist with banking activities, wire setup, positive pay, daily cash
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit
- Assist with daily check/ACH prepare files for our review and approval
- Review and audit trust account reconciliations prepared by offices
- Analyze Canadian Trust VS Bank reconciliation/monitoring R/E trust activities
- Assist with special projects
Education and Experience Level:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting or Finance
- 4 + years of progressive experience in accounting
- SAP experience a plus
- Advance Excel skills a plus
- Financial reporting experience
- Basic knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, FASB pronouncements, EITFs etc.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a team player with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.