Database Developer/Report Writer
Corporate – Tech/IS
The Database Developer is responsible for designing and maintaining an efficient database system by developing code, troubleshooting issues, securing database access, and maintaining the database schema.
- Develops, troubleshoots and optimizes complex queries, stored procedures, and database scripts.
- Implements high quality and maintainable code.
- Translates business requirements into development strategies.
- Works with business users to clarify requirements.
- Tests and debugs applications.
- Coordinates with other team members to build/deploy code.
- Develops complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Provides database related technical expertise to application development team.
- Analyzes applications, provides solutions for performance issues, solves complex issues.
- Provides user support during internal and external product testing.
- Evaluates industry trends in database systems protocol and procedures in database management.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3 years minimum of experience in relational database design and application development
- Experience with database performance optimization techniques including query optimization
- Ability to migrate data with complex rules
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS.
- Knowledge of ancillary SQL Server (2014 and later) modules and related technologies (I.E., dbmail, full-text search, master data, file-stream), Anaylsis, Services (MDX or Tabular), .NET CLR, .NET data access mechanisms and security concepts, VBA, VBScript
- Agile development practices including the Scrum framework
- Team Foundation Services
- Test Driven Development experience a plus
- Develop code and documentation that is easy to maintain and understand
- Ability to identify and develop solutions for application performance issues related to the database
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in mastering new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2017, the firm closed 8,979 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42.2 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.