Senior Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
The Marcus & Millichap Toronto Office is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. This position will play an integral role in assignments ranging from one-off asset sales to the sale of large portfolios with responsibilities that go beyond the financial aspects of the deal involving all phases of the sales process. The chosen candidate will need strong foundational knowledge of financial/valuation concepts, demonstrate a passion for real estate, work well in a dynamic team environment, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Underwrite Investment assets using Argus DCF, Enterprise and Excel
- Analyze, review, and interpret real estate source documents, including operating statements, rent rolls, budgets, loan documents, operating statements, leases, and other due diligence material
- Research market conditions in support of financial underwriting assumptions
- Ability to play a role in presenting with lead broker in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen
- Compile and present the results of analyses and effectively address questions
- Identify critical property level financial issues and make recommendations
- Developing disposition strategies in conjunction with team members and clients
- Communicate directly with capital markets professionals, asset managers, leasing brokers, property managers and clients
- Strong writing skills to assist at writing investment overviews as well as tenant profiles
- Assist in the production of property offering memorandums which will be used to actively market assets to the marketplace
- Perform location, market, property, tenant and economic research to be used in property marketing and team branding materials, as well as keep the local team apprised of market developments
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a commercial real estate position
- Proven experience in abstracting lease agreements
- Proven experience and proficiency in building complex cash flow models
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must have advanced knowledge and in different financial models including but not limited to Argus
- Proven experience in the valuation of income-producing properties is mandatory.
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated enthusiasm for the commercial real estate industry
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Decision-making capability with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and client-drive expectations and deadlines
- Very process oriented and organized self-starter with sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture
- Ability to work successfully with “Type A “personalities and all levels of personnel
- Must have creative problem-solving abilities and a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results in a challenging, fast-paced, environment
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.