Salt Lake City, UT
Corporate – Legal
Seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and proactive Legal Assistant to support our Vice President/Deputy General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in our Salt Lake City, UT office.
The ideal candidate will be flexible to performing in blended Legal Assistant/Executive Assistant/Paralegal capacity performing a range of duties including, but not limited to:
· Maintaining calendar and scheduling conference calls, conference registrations and/or trainings.
· Making travel arrangements including airfare, car and hotel reservations and providing itineraries.
· Completing travel expense reports, reviewing invoices, and submitting approved invoices to accounting for payment.
· Reporting attorney time entries and monitoring and reporting CLE compliance.
· Maintaining records of bar/professional association activity and memberships and arranging for payment of annual dues.
· Word processing of documents and drafting of correspondence as needed.
· Assisting with projects or assignments connected to litigation and corporate research.
· Office supply management.
Legal duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting documents, preparing shells and formatting/proofreading of all manner of legal documents.
- Trial preparation including assembling trial exhibits, notebooks, and visual aids.
- Interacting with firm attorneys, regional and office managers, IT and HR departments, and outside counsel in order to receive pleadings, documents, database backup, employee files and correspondence for review.
- Researching and analyzing Outlook accounts, documents, records, and files, as well as court dockets, filings, transcripts, and correspondence in order to perform legal discovery, respond to subpoenas and discovery requests, and identify and prepare exhibits for motions, hearings, depositions, trials, and appeals.
- Preparing check requests and/or making arrangements for wire transfers.
- Reviewing, formatting and editing employee and independent contractor manuals and agreements.
- Becoming knowledgeable and staying abreast of status of case files and monitoring due dates for pleadings.
- Maintaining records both electronically and via hard copy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years' experience working in a similarly blended Executive Assistant/Paralegal/Legal Assistant capacity within a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-Approved program preferred, but not required.
- High-level of attention to detail, confidentiality, and customer-service orientation.
- Knowledge of both Transactional & Litigation processes.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced organizational abilities and business acumen.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.