Front Desk Brokerage Administrator
Palo Alto, CA
Corporate – REIS Staff
The Front Desk Brokerage Administrator/Client Services Coordinator provides telephone and other administrative support to the Agents and Management of the REIS Office(s), reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Answer telephone using switchboard in a courteous, efficient and professional manner, efficiently routing all calls .Supply appropriate information to callers, relaying messages.
- Provide training and support to new agents, agent assistants, staff and management.
- In-office coordination for firm-wide technology/similar launches.
- Brokerage administration and transactional tasks.
- Process new property listings, this may include: proofing and editing according to company standards
- Generate, copy, scan and bind documents for use by management and agents.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of staff area, kitchen etc., as well as with the stocking of supplies and the basic maintenance of copiers and other office machines.
General Duties and Brokerage Tasks
- Maintain a billing system for agent ad reimbursement as directed by Operations Manager.
- Send and receive information via Outlook (email) as well as distribute any additional information through hard copies in Agent/Staff in-boxes.
- Maintain a conference room schedule, reserving rooms for client meetings and various presentations.
- Keep monthly inventory on all office and coffee supplies and place necessary supply orders on a regular basis, keeping costs in check.
- Handle any errors in shipments and deliveries, working with the Operations Manager to find best solutions.
- Update office roster(s), verifying new agent or staff information with Operations Manager.
- Update the Marcus & Millichap Lobby Book with new inserts from the Communications Dept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or Regional Manager.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Reliable and punctual
- Professional phone and customer service etiquette
- Possess a friendly, proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn and progress within the firm
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/equivalent
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.