Commercial Real Estate Closer
Dallas, TX /
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation – MMCC Staff /
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation (“Company”), a subsidiary of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) is seeking a Closer to assist in all facets of the closing process. Based in Dallas, the primary responsibility of the Closer is to oversee transactions from engagement through closing, acting as a liaison between clients and capital sources.
This opportunity could be a hybrid-based role or 100% remote.
- Administration and tracking of commercial real estate transactions from engagement to closing, and post-closing follow-up.
- Review and abstract details of title related documents, including purchase and sale agreements, title reports, surveys, escrow instructions and related closing documents.
- Due diligence coordination and tracking.
- Coordinate and correspond with all transaction parties, including clients, brokers, title companies, lenders, surveyors, and/or governmental agencies.
- Responsible for document file management, both electronic and physical files, maintaining property database and various administrative duties.
- Prepare estoppel and SNDA’s.
- Coordinate third-party inspections.
- Minimum of three years of experience in commercial real estate transactions (brokerage, title company, mortgage banker, law firm).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Notary certificate preferred.
- Substantive knowledge of the procedures, terminology and documents relating to complex commercial real estate transactions.
- Familiarity with and understanding of standard real estate documents such as REA’s, easements and restrictive covenants, estoppel certificates and leases.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both intern and external parties.
- Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Problem-solving, analytical and research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and aptitude for learning various other programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team in a deadline-driven environment.
- Willing to work occasional overtime to accommodate time sensitive matters.
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation is the real estate capital markets platform of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. With over 175 employees in offices across the country, the company provides commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions including debt and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and loan sales. The company averages approximately 2,000 closed transactions annually.
Marcus & Millichap revolutionized the real estate brokerage industry. The firm was designed to go far beyond simply facilitating real estate transactions. It was developed as an entire system dedicated to maximizing value for real estate investors.
In 1971, founders George Marcus and William Millichap launched a new real estate investment business model based on a unique method of matching each property with the largest pool of pre-qualified investors. This simple premise, coupled with an unfailing drive to measure success by client satisfaction, enabled the company to emerge as the industry’s pre-eminent real estate investment services firm.
The founders’ vision has been realized by a commitment to specialization, the willingness to foster a culture of information sharing and the foresight to pioneer real estate technology. Today, Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales, financing, loan sales as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.