Administrative Assistant / Brokerage Administrator
Birmingham, AL /
Mid-Atlantic/Southeast Division – Birmingham /
Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading commercial real estate investment company is seeking a career-minded Brokerage Administrator for their Birmingham, AL office. Additionally, This role will also help support their offices throughout Tennessee, Louisiana, and Alabama.
The ideal candidate holds a vital role for all our offices and agents, while possessing well developed administration skills but also bring ‘added value’ to the team with talents in training and have a ‘tech savvy’ background. Most important of all, you must be a natural ‘people’ person with a can-do and will-do attitude.
If you are looking for a company where you can grow a long-term career and are seeking a position that offers a diverse array of responsibilities in a friendly and fast paced environment, we welcome your application.
The Brokerage Administrator provides a broad range of administrative assistance to Sales Agents and Management and is responsible for expediting all transactional work relating to the listing and sales of commercial real estate, training new Agents and other personnel on company applications and software programs, as well as performs various administrative and marketing tasks related to commercial real estate brokerage. . The BA divides their time between training and brokerage responsibilities. Previous real estate experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Training and support to new agents, originators, agent assistants, staff and management.
- Process new listings; to include proofing and editing marketing package for superior quality and use of grammar. Assist Operations Manager in the processing of sold and closed transactions when needed and be cross trained in all transactional processes.
- Learn various software, company applications and policies/procedures that pertain specifically to Agents and Assistants and conduct training sessions when required.
- Be eager to learn new software applications and technical remedies to keep office PC systems updated.
- Perform copying, scanning, proposal binding and print jobs for agents.
- Maintain and resolve office equipment maintenance (printers, scanner, fax, server, etc.)
- Assist Regional Manager with recruiting efforts – reviewing resumes, scheduling initial interviews, etc.
- Operate switchboard telephone to answer calls, greet and announce visitors in a courteous, professional manner
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the reception and conference room areas as well as the kitchen and supply room.
- Customer service, and telephone/front desk responsibilities.
- Assist with stocking of supplies, maintaining copiers and other office machines, general problem solving.
- Process and deliver daily mail and faxes efficiently and confidentially.
- Schedule any conference room activity and prep the room accordingly.
- Update and maintain the office roster.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse group of personality types and to teach one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new concepts and to challenge yourself to learn and grow.
- Have a natural willingness to be helpful and service oriented.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes:
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Some previous experience in a training capacity preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Be reliable and punctual
- Professional phone and customer service etiquette
- Possess a friendly, proactive attitude and a strong desire to learn and progress within the firm
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/equivalent
- Please apply to this position with your resume. Candidates are tested for competency in software and office skills.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.