SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Corporate – Human Resources/Recruiting
Marcus & Millichap, one of the nation’s leading commercial real estate investment services company (with more than 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices nationwide and throughout Canada) is seeking a Senior Human Resources Coordinator to join their Calabasas, CA based HR and Recruitment Team.
The Senior Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and support of various Human Resources initiatives including administrative work-flow processes, performance management, generating standard and ad-hoc reports, training, compliance, candidate review and Human Resources policies and procedures.
Primary Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Manage the internal processes and workflows for recruiting approval forms, confidential personnel requests and sales internship program approvals.
- Prepare end of employment letters and coordinates with department managers and Payroll for final pay and required notices.
- Participate in company safety initiatives; distribute safety related training topics, coordinate periodic training topics and prepare quarterly safety committee notes.
- Track temporary employee end dates and coordinate final pay and termination paperwork with manager and Payroll.
- Conduct 30-day touch base interviews for new hires and report data to management.
- Responsible for initiating and processing background checks.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees and report data to management. (REIS office staff)
- Audit weekly new hire and term report from Payroll to ensure compliance for SOX audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Assists Recruitment Team with:
- Internal and External Job postings via applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Monitor employment applications for employee referrals, confirm referral bonus eligibility and process bonus requests accordingly
- Primary back up to assign and track pre-employment sales agent assessment
- On-boarding new hires at Corporate office
- Review and approve temporary and contractor on-boarding documents
- Sound judgment, critical thinking, keen sense of discretion, integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively work in a fast-paced environment and frequently manage multiple priorities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or Business preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, SharePoint.
- Previous experience with HRIS; preferably ADP WFN.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.