Saddle Brook, NJ /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
Marcus & Millichap is seeking a Financial Analyst based in Saddle Brook, NJ. The Financial Analyst position requires excellent analytical and professional business writing skills. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance or Real Estate. Superior computer skills are a must; candidate should possess a high comfort level with Microsoft Excel and have general excel financial modeling capabilities.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Build, edit, and manipulate complex financial cash flow models using Argus Enterprise
- Analyze, review, and interpret real estate source documents, including operating statements, rent rolls, budgets, loan documents, operating statements, leases, and other due diligence material
- Research market conditions in support of financial underwriting assumptions
- Compile and present the results of analyses and effectively address questions
- Identify critical property level financial issues and make recommendations
- Develop disposition strategies in conjunction with team members and clients
- Assist in the production of property offering memorandums which will be used to actively market retail assets to the marketplace
- Perform location, market, property, retail tenant and economic research to be used in property marketing materials
- Research and comprehend rent and sales comparables using CoStar and RCA as part of the valuation process with an ability to make cold calls to gather necessary information
- Coordinate collection of due diligence material
- Work successfully within a high-volume environment supporting agents in all four time zones.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred but not required
- 1+ years' experience in a commercial real estate position with intensive Argus Enterprise use, whether in brokerage, appraisal, or for an ownership group, preferably focused on retail shopping centers, or institutional office assets
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated enthusiasm for the commercial real estate industry
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills in combination with outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully with “Type A” personalities and effectively within a team and with all levels of personnel
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2020, the firm closed 8,954 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $43.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.