Human Resources Manager
Corporate – Human Resources/Recruiting
Marcus & Millichap, one of the nation’s leading commercial real estate investment services company (with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals in 80 offices nationwide and throughout Canada) is seeking a Human Resources Manager based in our Calabasas Headquarters.
The HR Manager serves as an integral HR expert partnering with managers and employees on employee relations, performance management, and workplace issues. Contributes to creating and implementing strategic HR initiatives, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to leadership development by providing guidance and education to managers on HR related topics including employee relations, interpretation of policies and State and Federal employment laws.
- Assists with the resolution of complex complaints by conducting thorough and objective investigations; preparing comprehensive notes and formulating recommendations for remedial actions.
- Assists managers with preparing performance improvement plans and/or performance documentation.
- Advises managers on decisions related to disciplinary actions and involuntary terminations.
- Responds to employee complaints; facilitates effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns.
- Regularly resolves conflicts and effectively has difficult conversations.
- Manages P&P guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local employment laws.
- Provides managers with guidance for preparing written performance reviews.
- Supports annual performance and merit pool processes.
- Develops and implements key HR projects, initiatives and programs which support the firm's goals and strategies.
- Participates in HR activities to support mergers and acquisitions.
- Partners with Recruitment team on managing background checks and creating of offer letters.
- Supervises HR Generalist.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field with a minimum of 8 years progressive HR Manager or HR Business Partner experience with a heavy concentration in employee relations.
- In-depth understanding of U.S. labor laws (Federal, State, and city level) in multiple states, particularly in CA.
- Experience building strong trusting relationships and using influencing strategies to gain support and achieve positive results.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus with a passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Impeccable follow-through, organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume work load and willingness to be collaborative and support team efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgement to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT); Sharepoint and SalesForce experience a plus.
- Proficient with HR Information Systems (HRIS); prefer ADP.
- Excellent and proven oral and written communication skills.
- PHR or SPHR designation
- Experience handling Canadian employment issues.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.