Saddle Brook, NJ
Northeast Division – New Jersey
Marcus & Millichap is seeking a dependable individual with prior experience in real estate financial analysis and valuation. This is a full-time position working directly under a top team in the New Jersey office. Excellent analytical and professional business writing skills are required. Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate. Superior computer skills are a must; candidate should possess a high comfort level with Microsoft Excel and have general excel financial modeling capabilities.
The Financial Analyst will provide financial and analytical support services, which will include preparing proposals/opinions of value, data input, underwriting property values, performing market research, both in and outside the office in order to evaluate real estate, analyzing comparable properties and sales trends and preparing financial analysis for presentation to clients. Professionalism and attention to detail are must haves.
The Financial Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team and must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of all properties for Senior Agents on a top brokerage team, and will be expected to consistently project a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Prepare financial models for commercial real estate valuations
- Review financial statements and operating information
- Organize/Analyze Due Diligence materials
- Create Lease Abstracts
- Gather and research sales and rent comparables
- Track market trends such as rental growth and development
- Respond to requests for property information
- Database Management
- Bachelor's degree, or higher
- Previous financial analysis and underwriting experience
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Have a team-player attitude
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.