Corporate – REIS Staff
The Marcus & Millichap Phoenix Office is seeking a Market Analyst to be a part of the premier Institutional Property Advisors team, working with the firms leading Student Housing agent. This position will play an integral role in assignments including portfolio and property-level analyses, capital market solutions, research, acquisition sourcing and property sales.
The Market Analyst will provide financial and analytical support services, which will include performing market research and analyzing comparable properties and sales trends. The chosen candidate will need knowledge of financial/valuation concepts, excellent analytical and professional business writing skills and demonstrate a strong work ethic. Professionalism and attention to detail are must.
The Market Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team who can operate in a fast paced, stressful environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to manage schedules and deadlines for multiple projects
- Gather and research sales and rent comparables
- Research schools and market trend, track ongoing development and translate the information into an articulately written overview
- Analyze properties and write content that is both marketing oriented and accurately backed up by research
- Compile data and material for the use of writing copy, developing infographics, and providing targeted research
- Translate abstract concepts into a meaningful story
- Effectively utilize the internet in his/her research and call on sources to collect information
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or other communications-related field.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce. Experience in InDesign & Illustrator a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage.
- Must have creative problem-solving abilities and a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results in a challenging, fast-paced, environment
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.