Manhattan, NY /
Corporate – Major Account Services (MAS) /
Marcus & Millichap is seeking a Research Analyst based in New York City, NY, who reports to the firm’s Director of Property Marketing, based in Calabasas, CA. The individual who fills this role will work as part of a team of in-house financial analysts and designers providing premium analysis and presentation support for a segment of the firm’s institutional retail team.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conduct submarket research, identifying pertinent commercial real estate data to write detailed reports for publication in high-profile offering memorandums and proposals.
- Perform sub-market location research to identify local economic drivers, leasing trends, population trends, and recent/future developments.
- Research and analyze market conditions in local, regional, or national areas.
- Review complex lease documents and decipher real estate lease details for the purposes of creating lease abstracts and CAM Recs.
- Interpret data from a variety of sources to assess market's economic environment and to evaluate commercial real estate opportunities and trends.
- Support data mining projects using industry leading data sources to assess commercial real estate inventory.
- Find and recommend comparable property sales for all product types.
- Work successfully within a high-volume environment supporting agents in all four time zones.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Real Estate, Law, Finance or Business Administration
- 2-3 years of professional analysis in commercial real estate
- Ability to translate data and information into clear, professional reports, with acute attention to detail
- Exceptional reading, comprehension, and writing skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Operate on the leading edge of real estate research technology by proactively learning new skills and software tools.
- Excellent business vocabulary and grammar
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.