Front Desk Brokerage Administrator
Vancouver, BC /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
Nature & Scope
The Front Desk Brokerage Administrator provides telephone and other administrative support to the Agents and Management of the REIS Office(s), reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Answer telephone using switchboard in a courteous, efficient and professional manner, routing all calls proficiently.
- Learn Marcus & Millichap executives’ names and office locations, and extend hospitality to executives upon office visits and phone calls.
- Supply appropriate information to callers, relaying messages.
- Gain and display knowledge on a weekly basis of all regional office property listings and advertised properties ensuring calls are routed to correct agent.
General Duties and Brokerage Tasks:
- Greet and announce visitors in a courteous, professional manner, offering refreshment to each visitor.
- Using iMpact, data entry of new listings into MNet, create paper listing files and work with Operations Manager to activate new listings in a timely manner.
- Cross-trained on all back office brokerage tasks
- Maintain a billing system for agent ad reimbursement as directed by Operations Manager.
- Send and receive information via Outlook (email) as well as distribute any additional information through hard copies in Agent/Staff in-boxes.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the kitchen, reception and conference room areas before and after each meeting, as well as at opening and closing of office. Work with Brokerage Staff to keep all office areas neat, clean and organized.
- Maintain a conference room schedule, reserving rooms for client meetings and various presentations.
- Keep monthly inventory on all office and coffee supplies and place necessary supply orders on a regular basis, keeping costs in check.
- Handle any errors in shipments and deliveries, working with the Operations Manager to find best solutions.
- Process daily mail and faxes (incoming & outgoing) and possible agent mass mailings in a confidential manner. Keep fax machines supplied with paper and toner and prepare the machine on Friday for weekend use.
- Update office roster(s), verifying new agent or staff information with Operations Manager.
- Update the Marcus & Millichap Lobby Book with new inserts from the Communications Dept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or Regional Manager.
- Manage postage machine and check fund balance weekly as you process bulk mailings.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal skills and attention to detail
- Self motivated - performs with little direction - desire to progress to higher level staff positions
- Desire to bring out the best from a variety of personalities
- Professional front office appearance, dress and demeanor
- High School Education a must; degree preferred
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.