Real Estate Financial Analyst
Corporate – REIS Staff
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and work in the fast-paced commercial real estate industry. The Financial Analyst will work alongside one of Marcus & Millichap’s leading Retail teams in commercial real estate investment services; including portfolio and property-level analyses, capital market solutions, research, acquisition sourcing and property sales.
- Provide a team of four brokers with financial analysis and underwriting of STNL & Multi Tenanted Retail investment listings
- Analyze properties and write content that is both marketing oriented and accurately backed up by research
- Effectively utilize the internet in his/her research and call on sources to collect information
- Evaluate retail property’s financial income and expense and discounted cash flows in Excel, and assist in the underwriting development analysis for new properties
- Research current real estate data such as sales comparables and upcoming construction projects
- Maintain and update reports for team’s database (on a Salesforce-based platform).
- Communicate with both private and institutional clients, typically professionals with sophisticated real estate investment knowledge
- Create PowerPoint presentations and work closely with the marketing and client manager in preparation of research and analysis to be included in materials
- Bachelor's Degree from a competitive institution, with a Finance, Business or Economics major required.
- A preferred m
- Minimum of 2 years of broad business experience with a demonstrable affinity for real estate preferred
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce. Experience in Argus a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Well-honed interpersonal skills which enables working with others to elicit information, to think creatively, and to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience working with a varied team of professionals in a deal-based environment
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.