Oak Brook, IL /
Corporate – REIS Staff /
With over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals located throughout the United States and Canada, Marcus & Millichap is a leading specialist in commercial real estate investment sales, financing, research and advisory services.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support a very active Commercial Investment Real Estate Brokerage team in our office in Oak Brook, IL. This role provides underwriting and statistical support in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Perform complicated financial modeling, pro-formas and/or spreadsheet analysis in Excel.
- Assisting in preparation of commercial real estate sales proposals, offering memorandums and various other types of client reports.
- Collect operating statements and rent rolls and prepare revenue trend reports for internal review.
- Coordinate information regarding market data, occupancy data, expense analysis, aerials, maps, rent/sales, comparables.
- Assist in acquisition/disposition process by preparing financial analysis, including rent modeling, Cash Flow analysis based on Net Operating Income, Cap Rates, Equity Return, Price per Square Foot or other methods.
- Prepare market analysis reports, including vacancy, absorption, and comparable rents and sales.
- Update and maintain sales comparables for markets utilizing multiple industry information services.
- Prepare financial or executive summaries for all active listings.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
- Produce timely and accurate documents including reports, memos, proposals, charts, agreements, presentations, etc.
- From time-to-time, Analyst will have direct contact with clients and other brokers representing prospects.
- Experience in a financial analysis environment in the mortgage or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a team player attitude.
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Database experience a plus.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2020, the firm closed 8,954 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $43.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.