Walnut Creek, CA
Corporate – Marketing/Communications
The position will work on a variety of projects to support the Events Team creating graphics for company events, awards and recognition programs and announcements for both internal and external events. Candidate must be well versed in both digital and print production.
Projects may include but not be limited to event logos, invitations, brochures, marketing materials, email communications, flyers, postcards, trade show graphics, booklets, signage, promotional items, t-shirts, web pages, landing pages, social media, mobile, illustration, icons, presentations with PowerPoint and video and incorporating editorial.
Designers are expected to maintain graphic and brand standards and having a good working knowledge of layout principles and design concepts. Must have knowledge of mark up and assembly of final layouts for off-set and digital printing. Design and develop web pages and e-blasts using valid, well-structured XHTML and CSS. Designers use both Mac and Windows systems.
This individual is expected to become knowledgeable about the general commercial real estate industry including terminology, the specific culture and history of the firm, events industry standards and technologies.
This is a non-exempt position. There will be some evening and weekend time needed leading up to major events. The end of the year and holiday season is a very busy time in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- 5 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service oriented
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Enthusiastic, positive and have a professional demeanor
- Highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- A team player
- Able to manage projects from start to finish within the given time-frame
- Ability to react to changes seamlessly and effectively deal with stressful situations and deadlines without getting flustered or irritated
- Excellent knowledge of the current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash)
- Must be highly fluent in PowerPoint for execution of presentations and best practices
- Designers work on both Mac and Windows systems so must be comfortable in both environments and need to stay current with software, technology and design patterns
- Must be able to work with vendors, printers, programmers, developers, other designers, events and marketing managers and project owners
- Must be able to follow direction and proof for accuracy and quality control
- Commercial real estate industry experience a plus
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.