Junior Commercial Real Estate Originator
Philadelphia, PA /
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation – MMCC Originator /
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation (“Company”), a subsidiary of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) is seeking a junior commercial real estate Originator. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting senior level Originators in originating commercial real estate capital markets transactions including debt, mezzanine debt and preferred equity transactions. The junior Originator will work very closely with MMI investment sales agents to secure staple financing opportunities. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA.
- Participating as a key member of a debt and equity finance origination and transaction execution team.
- Assisting senior Originators in generating new business through relationship building, direct marketing, attending industry events, social media interaction and use of Salesforce and other technology platforms.
- Researching and exploring new market opportunities and business development leads.
- Assisting in preparation and distribution of marketing materials, offering memorandum, and transaction descriptions for pitches and other qualification presentations.
- Undertaking initial loan sizing and preliminary underwriting of financing opportunities.
- Interacting with existing and prospective clients, capital sources and other industry professionals.
- Working with senior Originators on existing client relationships as needed.
- Providing financial analysis support.
Key Attributes / Experience
- 1-3 years of commercial real estate experience in advisory, banking or sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or commercial real estate preferred.
- Prior experience or familiarity with commercial mortgage loan types and structures or demonstrated ability to be a fast learner.
- Hunter/gatherer mentality.
- Desire to work alongside senior Origination professionals with a longer-term goal of developing your own origination business.
- Strong communication skills and comfort level with outbound calling, lead generation and marketing.
- Competent modeling skills and experience with Excel. Experience with Argus a plus.
- High attention to detail in preparation of analytical assessments, marketing material and correspondence.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and productively during time sensitive situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Flexible attitude with the ability to handle change effectively.
- Desire to work hard and to learn.
- Availability for North American travel.
- Salesperson or mortgage banking licensing may be required depending on the jurisdiction.
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation is the real estate capital markets platform of Marcus & Millichap, Inc. With over 175 employees in offices across the country, the company provides commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions including debt and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and loan sales. The company averages approximately 2,000 closed transactions annually.
Marcus & Millichap revolutionized the real estate brokerage industry. The firm was designed to go far beyond simply facilitating real estate transactions. It was developed as an entire system dedicated to maximizing value for real estate investors.
In 1971, founders George Marcus and William Millichap launched a new real estate investment business model based on a unique method of matching each property with the largest pool of pre-qualified investors. This simple premise, coupled with an unfailing drive to measure success by client satisfaction, enabled the company to emerge as the industry’s pre-eminent real estate investment services firm.
The founders’ vision has been realized by a commitment to specialization, the willingness to foster a culture of information sharing and the foresight to pioneer real estate technology. Today, Marcus & Millichap is the industry’s largest firm specializing in real estate investment sales, financing, loan sales as well as a leading source of research and advisory services.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.