Office Administrative and Operations Manager
Newport Beach, CA
Corporate – REIS Staff
Marcus & Millichap, the nation's leading commercial real estate investment services company with 80+ offices nationally, is seeking an Office Administrative and Operations Manager in their Newport Beach office. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to combine their strong administrative and operational experience to work effectively with the sales agents.
The Office and Operations Manager will report to the Regional Manager to provide support and direction of administrative and operational activities in the brokerage office including brokerage support, training, office management, recruitment, and performance management.
The job functions are 35% Brokerage/Transactional/Accounting; 30% Human Resources/Staff Management; 30% Administrative and 5% Event Planning.
- Manages and coordinates accurate, compliant transactional and brokerage functions including quality control for marketing/similar materials (work may be performed by support staff)
- Primarily responsible for the coordination of agent training (often provided by support staff)
- Controls the correct and timely payment of commissions, office invoices and expense reimbursements etc. Troubleshoots issues as necessary
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate, compliant electronic records for all transactions
- Ensures accuracy in agent record keeping including agent licensing
- Hires, trains, develops, manages, and terminates office support staff
- Processes on-boarding for all classifications of personnel including all pre-hire and new hire paperwork and back up documentation, closely adhering to M&M and legal directives
- New employee orientation, initial and ongoing training. New agent orientation
- Prepares and maintains personnel files; agent and employees files from on-boarding to termination closely adhering to M&M policy, Division of Labor and Dept. of Real Estate regulations
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness in all record keeping including employee time-sheets
- In time, provides mentorship and guidance to new Operations Managers joining firm
- In alignment with Regional Manager, responsible for communicating and implementing intra-office and inter-office/department information and action items to all personnel
- Facilities and logistics coordination for office needs – moves, remodels, reorgs etc.
- Aids in the provision of a ‘concierge’ level of service to Agents
- Assists Regional Manager in the preparation of reports, the delivery of sales contests and other similar projects as needed
- Interfaces with Property Management re: building related issues
- Plans and coordinates (inc. budget) office events throughout the year including: New year kickoff event(s), agent recognition events, external social events (such as summer and Holiday parties), charitable events, in-office seasonal events
Education & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in office management or similar office/team coordination
- Experience-based knowledge of compliance and HR functions
- Preferred background: Real Estate - brokerage, legal, finance,
- Strong MS Office skills – Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, resolve conflict and creatively solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and accurately meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- For some offices, experience in remotely managing multiple locations a plus
- Budget, purchasing or similar cost-efficient-decision-making skills
- Event planning experience
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with more than 1,800 investment sales and financing professionals throughout the United States and Canada. The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology matching buyers and sellers. In 2017, the firm closed nearly 9,000 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $42 billion.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.