Senior Real Estate Investment Analyst
Corporate – Major Account Services (MAS)
Marcus & Millichap, one of the nation’s leading commercial real estate investment services company (with more than 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices nationwide and throughout Canada) is seeking a Senior Real Estate Investment Analyst based in our Calabasas Headquarters.
This is an opportunity to become a trusted adviser to our firm’s top-producing brokers and clients by delivering institutional-caliber investment analysis and valuations for high profile real estate assets.
- Develop pro forma cash flow projections and valuations for multiple property types, including retail, office/industrial and multifamily assets.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations for modeling parameters and assumptions.
- Comprehend property’s financial statements in detail and consult on underwriting direction, scope, assumptions, turnaround time, etc.
- Find and recommend comparable property sales for all product types.
- Research and analyze market conditions in local, regional, or national areas.
- Maintain relationships with brokers by advising on research, market conditions and financial content.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Advanced expertise previously using Argus DCF and AE on a professional level a MUST.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of financial modeling experience working in commercial real estate.
- Real estate and/or finance background preferred.
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel, and previous professional experience using Argus DCF and AE, as well as Costar.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and complete projects on time with accuracy.
- Good understanding of appraisal and valuation principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to advise top level brokerage executives.
- Excellent financial and real estate vocabulary and comprehension of transaction process.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and capable of handling several tasks simultaneously.
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2018, the firm closed 9,472 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $46.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.