Sales Mentorship Program - Fresno
Fresno, CA /
Southern California Division – Encino /
Marcus & Millichap’s Sales Mentorship Program
Our Sales Mentorship Program is designed to provide a hands-on opportunity to learn both the commercial real estate industry and our proven principles of investment sales brokerage, all within a structured environment that provides constant coaching and feedback.
This hourly-paid position is an excellent opportunity to learn the commercial real estate brokerage industry. The Sales Mentorship Program ('SMP') helps qualified, licensed new recruits train for a career in investment brokerage while earning an hourly wage for up to 12 months as he/she supports the business of, and learns from, a productive mentoring agent.
The main responsibility of the intern will be assisting Senior Agents with client proposals and pricing analysis. Assist in making introductory relationship calls. Additionally the intern will assist the current office staff with other administrative duties. Most importantly, they will be provided the opportunity to eventually enter our Sales Agent Training Program, learn the investment real estate industry from the best, and become an Investment Associate in our Fresno office. It is anticipated that the intern will work in this position for at least 12 months and then begin the Sales Agent Training Program.
Applicants should be ambitious, have an entrepreneurial spirit, a college degree, a California real estate license, and possess strong analytical and business development skills.
Through partnership with a successful senior agent, our program participants complete marketing, analytical, and administrative tasks while gaining expertise in the following areas:
- Applying Marcus & Millichap’s value proposition at all stages of the brokerage continuum
- Achieving fluency in Marcus & Millichap’s proprietary software and industry programs
- Developing and building client databases and referral networks
- Performing underwriting and analysis on commercial properties in order to create effective marketing proposals
- Successfully communicating with clients, attorneys, lenders, and all other parties involved in a commercial real estate transaction
- Developing confidence in cold calling, networking, and building productive relationships
- Sharpening negotiation, strategy, and transactional management skill sets
- Preparing a personal financial plan, budget, and goals
- Understanding the benefits of financing with Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with over 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2019, the firm closed 9,726 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $49.7 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry’s most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.